Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I Create an Account?
- Do you take Purchase Orders or checks?
- How do I register online for a program?
- Where to I find the information for each program?
- How do I take an online program?
- How much do the online programs cost?
- How do I get my Certificate after attending a Day Conference?
- What if I have to cancel a registration or change my registration to another date?
- What program do I need to take for the Orientation Program for DESE licensure?
- Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in nursing.
- A minimum of two full years of employment as a Registered Nurse in a child health, community health, or other relevant clinical nursing setting.
- Completion of a 3 part orientation program based on the requirements for delivery of school health services as defined by the Department of Public Health.
- Passing score on the DESE Communication and Literacy Skills test.
- Do the continuing education programs I take from Northeastern University School Health Academy count towards my NBCSN recertification? You DO NOT need a PROVIDER NUMBER for our programs
- Nursing specialty organizations listed below, or those accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- American College of Nurse Midwives
- Emergency Nurses Association
- National Association of School Nurses
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners
- Continuing Medical Education credentialing agencies
- Colleges and Universities accredited by state, regional and federal (as US Dept. of Education) accrediting boards
- State boards of nursing
- State departments of health and education whose programs have met the criteria for continuing education through accredited providers
- National accrediting agencies for licensed professional counselors and social workers
- What is the conversion of CEU's contact hours and PDP?
- 50 consecutive clock minutes is equivalent to one contact hour.
- One continuing education unit (C.E.U.) equals ten contact hours.
- One semester hour equals 15 contact hours.
- Two clinical hours (100 minutes) is the equivalent of one contact hour.
- How do I get a receipt for my registration and payment?
- What if I need accommodations for a conference?
Answer: Click LOG IN on the RED bar on the top of the home page. Please remember your Password.
Answer: NO, we do not take Purchase Orders (PO's) or checks. The only payment options are on-line with a credit card or electronic check. The CashNet system is the secure payment system at Northeastern University.
Answer: After logging in, there is a list of choices for you. You will then pay on line via CashNet (a secure server) with either a credit card or an electronic check. A confirmation email that includes your receipt and registration information will be sent to the email address contained in your profile.
Answer: Always download the program information PDF. This includes date, time, location, cost, contact hours, speakers and learning objectives for each program.
Answer: Create an account (or Log in if you already have an account). There is a list of choices for you. Click on "View Available Online Programs."
Answer: There are several free programs listed. Cost depends on length of program, usually $20 per program. (one contact hour).
Answer: At the end of each conference, you will Log into your account, put the Program Code into the BOX, Complete the Evaluation and questions and click Submit. You will receive your Certificate via email immediately after your submission. You will always be able to go into to retrieve a Certificate for a previously completed program.
Answer: If you need to cancel your registration (and it is at least 5 business days before the program), just email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund. The credit card you used to register will be refunded. If you need to switch a conference date, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and explain what program you need to change and what program you would like to attend.
Answer: Offered by the educational vendor for DPH. The 3 part orientation program needed for DESE Licensure includes 1) Professional School Nursing Practice in Massachusetts, a 2-day program held 3 times each year. 2) Medication Administration and Delegation in MA Schools day program initially for licensure then once every 5 years. 3) Mandated Screening Training (603 CMR 7.00 Regulations for Educator Licensure and Preparation Program Approval: School Nurse (Levels: All) Initial License.
Answer: Yes, NBSCN lists the following approved organizations:
Answer: According to the Board of Registration in Nursing in MA 5.02 states: Continuing Education Requirement 15 hours of continuing education within the two years immediately preceding renewal of registration are required for licensure.
5.04: Criteria for Qualification of Continuing Education Programs/Offerings.
The following guidelines are to assist the licensed nurse to select an appropriate program/offering and the provider to plan and implement continuing education program/offerings. The overriding consideration in determining whether a specific program/offering qualifies as acceptable continuing education is that it be a planned program of learning which contributes directly to the professional competence of the licensed nurse.
Amount of Time:
Answer: When you register, you receive an immediate email confirmation back. That is your receipt. Your transaction with CashNet is secure so we don't have access to the original receipt. You can also log into your account and click on Print a Receipt for a program.
Answer: Please contact Kathy Hassey at email@example.com or 617-593-0335 at least three (3) weeks before the event.