NORFOLK COUNTY SCHOOL NURSES: Norfolk County Safe Prescribing and Dispensing Conference
Location: The Lantana , 43 Scanlon Drive, Randolph MA
Contact Hours: 5.25 contact hours
2019 NORFOLK COUNTY SAFE PRESCRIBING AND DISPENSING CONFERENCE A
HOW TO PREVENT OVERDOSE AMONG PEDIATRIC PATIENTS
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
(Sign in 8:15-9:00 a.m.)
43 Scanlon Drive | Randolph, Massachusetts
** For Practitioners ONLY in NORFOLK COUNTY**
Offered at no cost for Pediatricians, Family Practitioners, Pharmacists, Public School Nurses and High School Athletic Trainers practicing in Norfolk County.
This inter-professional education program is being presented in collaboration with the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office, the Massachusetts Medical Society, the Northeastern University Bouve College of Health Sciences School of Nursing-School Health Academy, School of Pharmacy and the Athletic Trainers of Massachusetts.
5.25 ANCC Contact hours for nurses
1. Discuss Norfolk County overdose death review data and its use in recommending strategies to save lives in the pediatric population.
2. Explain the use of SBIRT in the identification of at-risk pediatric patients.
3. Summarize the importance of using MassPAT to protect pediatric patients and your practice.
4. Describe safer and better-informed prescribing decisions for pediatric patients.
5. Summarize recent updates to the legal and regulatory requirements designed to limit access to opioids.
6. List examples of treatment facilities in Norfolk County and state the importance of treatment options to help pediatric patients in the recovery process.
7. Review the importance of interprofessional collaboration to prevent overdose death in the pediatric population.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD Norfolk County Safe Prescribing: SAVE THE DATE flyer
Continuing Education Information:
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurse Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Provider Number 2016U018Commercial Support Disclosure:
This program is supported and provided by the Norfolk Country District Attorneys Office.Conflict of Interest Information:
The planners of this educational activity have no conflict of interest to declare. The speakers have no conflict of interest to declare unless otherwise indicated prior to their presentations.