2022 NEUSHA Summer Academy (3 options)
Location: Cape Codder Resort Hyannis MA
Cost before Jun 21, 2022: $349.00
Cost after Jun 21, 2022: $379.00
Contact Hours: 10
2022 NEUSHA Summer Academy (3 Options)
No School Nurse is an Island....But We Deserve a Vacation on an Island!
August 8th and 9th 2022, 8:30-4:00 pm ET
Cape Codder Resort
1225 Iyannough Rd., Hyannis
Topics (10 Contact Hours)
- Sunday afternoon Pre-Conference 1:30-4:30 PM. How School Nurses can Health Through Expression (additional charge and seats are limited)
- Pediatric Cardiac Emergencies and COVID impact on Youth
- Trauma and Pediatric Brains and Behavior
- What Collaborations Worked and How They Worked During COVID
- Diabetes Numeracy
- Safe Environments for LGBTQ Students
- Disordered Eating and Impact of a Pandemic
- Substance Use/Abuse Issues and Assessment Tips
- School Nurse Narratives from the Front Line
- And more…..
Conference Cost (Incudes 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and Celebration Dinner, conference materials, and 10 Contact Hours)
** If you are using a Purchase Order, please contact Kathy Hassey at firstname.lastname@example.org to register participants.
** PRE-CONFERENCE WITH ROBIN COGAN AND JUDY DORAN: Creating a curated collection of school nurses' creative responses to the pandemic and how it impacted their practice and them personally. Including:
- Private writing station: where school nurses will respond to writing prompts by journaling
- Group discussion station: where a scribe will document responses to questions
- Photography station: using cell phone cameras to capture visual responses to cues
- Video station: using a cell phone on a tripod to answer probing questions
- Drawing/watercolor station - materials supplied to capture a visual representation of pandemic school nursing
- Poetry or spoken word station - notecards/sharpies
Cape Codder Reservation Information on Conference Flyer
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD 2022 Summer Academy NEUSHA Conference Flyer
Continuing Education Information:
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Provider Number 2019U003Commercial Support Disclosure:
This program has not received commercial support.Conflict of Interest Information:
The planners of this educational activity have no conflict of interest to declare. The speakers have no conflict of interest to declare unless otherwise indicated prior to their presentations.
Register multiple participants This is NOT for Purchase Order use, if you need to use a PO contact Kathy Hassey at email@example.com