4. COVID-19 Masks as PPE: Stories from hospitals, schools and communitiesClick here to REGISTER NOW Overview:
This program is a recorded webinar from May 14, 2020. Speakers discuss the issue of Masks as PPE in different settings (hospital, schools, EMS and community). Northeastern University researchers discuss ongoing research regarding the safety of different kinds of masks.
Contact Hours for Nurses: 2.0 hours Cost: $25 Length: 2 hours
Cost: $ 25.00
Contact Hours 2.0
Learning Outcome (s) As a result of this program participants will be able to describe:
1. how COVID19 is spread,
2. types of masks used in health care and other settings,
3. how to limit COVID spread with focus on mask use,
4. challenges in using masks identified by individuals working in health care, work and school settings,
5. potential solutions to some of the mask use challenges
Presenter Bios are in the ResourcesPresenter Disclosure Statement:
The planners of this educational activity have no conflict of interest to declare. The speakers have no conflict of interest to declare unless otherwise indicated prior to their presentations.
There was no commercial support for this program.
Continuing Education Information:
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurse Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Provider Number 2019U003
Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS) hours (pending)
Contact Steve Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org for EMS info