Social Emotional Learning for School NursesClick here to REGISTER NOW Overview:
Dr. Mary McCarthy explains the importance of social emotional learning for students. She discusses what it is, how social emotional behaviors positively impact academic success, and how school nurses can assess social emotional competencies.
If any of the programs are not working in Google Chrome, try using Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Cost: $ 20.00
Contact Hours 1.5
As a result of this online program, participants will be able to:
- Define Social and Emotional Learning for students
- Generate at least two connections between School Nursing practice and SEL
- Research what your school has currently in place for SEL
- Locate SEL resources and evidence based practices for personal and collaborative team planning
- Explain the SEL difference between NCLB and ESSA
- Identify how ESSA funds may be used for SEL
Dr. Mary McCarthy has an extensive educator career as a teacher, and a school and district administrator. In addition to her vast experience, Mary has been very involved in Social Emotional Learning. She has presented nationally and internationally on SEL, published journal articles and co-authored a book chapter on SEL.
THIS PRESENTER HAS NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DECLARE AND THIS PROGRAM HAD NO COMMERCIAL SUPPORT.
Continuing Education Information:
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
DESE Provider Number 2019U0003
Participants successfully completing this program and completing an online evaluation will receive a certificate of contact hours issued. Certificates may be printed and will also be accessible on the neusha.org website under participants' account histories.