HPV Vaccination Rates: The Role of School NursesClick here to REGISTER NOW Overview:
Contact Hours 1.5
After viewing this program, participants will be able to:
- Explain what HPV is, how it is transmitted, and what types of cancer it can cause
- Describe the benefits of the nonavalent HPV vaccine
- Name current guidelines for HPV vaccine administration
- Explain the importance of vaccinating both men and women
- Describe existing disparities in HPV vaccination uptake
- Understand role of school nurses as opinion leaders in providing HPV vaccine education
- Identify evidence-based communication strategies when providing a vaccine recommendation to parents
- Name benefits of school-located vaccination programs
Presenter Disclosure Statement:
The planners of this educational activity have no conflict of interest to declare. The speakers have no conflict of interest to declare unless otherwise indicated prior to their presentations.
Continuing Education Information:
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurse Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Provider Number 2019U003