School Medicaid: Advancing Health and Education EquityClick here to REGISTER NOW Overview:
Alex Mays, MHA, BA of Healty School Campaign, discusses School Based Medicaid, what Medicaid is, how each state can submit a Medicaid State Plan Amendments, and how bringing Medicaid funding into schools can assist with funding for school health services and how it advances Health and Education Equity.
Contact Hours: 1.5 Cost: FREE Length: 1.5 hours
Contact Hours 1.5
Learning Outcomes: After viewing this program, the participant will be able to
- Articulate connection(s) between the School-Based Medicaid Program and Health Equity
- Report increased knowledge of the School-Based Medicaid Program
- Identify how to learn more about their own LEAs participation in billing Medicaid for school nursing services to eligible students
- Identify flow of reimbursement of School-Based Medicaid services
- Articulate plan for encouraging (LEA, school nurse) participation in the School Based Medicaid Program
- Identify opportunities for strengthening and expanding the School-Based Medicaid Program in their state.
Alex Mays is the Senior National Program Director at Healthy Schools Campaign and has over ten years of experience working at the intersection of health and education. Her work at Healthy Schools Campaign focuses on policy and program issues at the federal, state and local levels related to school food and fitness, environmental health, health services and education. Currently, she leads Healthy Schools Campaign's work to increase access to school health services and works with states and school districts across the country to expand their school Medicaid programs. She also oversees Healthy Schools Campaign's efforts to support student health and school wellness through implementation of the nation's K-12 education law, the Every Student Succeeds Act. Ms. Mays received her BA in Neuroscience from Pomona College and her Master of Health Science from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.Presenter Disclosure Statement:
The planners of this educational activity have no conflict of interest to declare. The speakers have no conflict of interest to declare unless otherwise indicated prior to their presentations.
Continuing Education Information:
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Provider Number 2019U003