FREE Twitter As a Tool for School Nursing Advocacy Recorded webinarOverview:
Twitter As a Tool for School Nursing Advocacy
Robin Cogan, MEd, RN, NCSN is a New Jersey school nurse activist and blogger advocating for student health and safety. She explains how school nurses can use Twitter as a tool to advocate for student health and safety.
Contact Hours 0.0
Learning Outcomes: After this webinar, nurses will be able to
- Describe using social media as a tool to network with other nurses and others interested in student health topics.
- List the steps about setting up and using a professional Twitter account
- Reflect on advocacy as a primary function of leadership according to NASN’s Framework for 21st Century School Nursing Practice ™
- Incorporate social media as a tool for advocacy in school nursing practice.
- Summarize the positive uses of Twitter to elevate the profile of school nursing.
Robin Cogan, MEd, RN, NCSN is a Nationally Certified School Nurse (NCSN), currently in her 18th year as a New Jersey school nurse in the Camden City School District. Robin is the Education Chair for the New Jersey State School Nurses Association. She is proud to be a Johnson & Johnson School Health Leadership Fellow and Program Mentor. She has been recognized in her home state of New Jersey and nationally for her community-based initiative called “The Community Café: A Conversation That Matters.” Robin is the honored recipient of multiple awards for her work in school nursing and population health. These awards include, 2018 NCSN School Nurse of the Year, 2017 Johnson & Johnson School Nurse of the Year, and the New Jersey Department of Health 2017 Population Health Hero Award. Robin serves as faculty in the School Nurse Specialty Program at Rutgers University-Camden School of Nursing, where she teaches the next generation of school nurses. She was presented the 2018 Rutgers University – Camden Chancellor’s Teaching Excellence Award for Part-time Faculty. Robin writes a weekly blog called The Relentless School Nurse, you can access it on her website:
This presenter has no Conflict of Interest to report and there has been no commercial support for this program.
Continuing Education Information: