6. COVID-19: Preventing Transmission in Schools: School Nurse Planning & Perspectives for Reopening Schools during the PandemicOverview:
This program was recorded on August 10, 2020 regarding Reopening Schools during a pandemic. Epidemiologist Dr. Westyn Branch-Elliman discusses COVID’s impact on reopening schools. Four school nurse leaders from Massachusetts, Texan, Ohio, and New Jersey discuss their states’ challenges, barriers, and plans for reopening schools. Donna Gaffney DNSc, PMHCNS-BC, FAAN also presents on Navigating Uncertainty in the New School Year: A Survival Guide for School Nurses
No contact hours Cost: FREE Length: 3.5 hours
Contact Hours 0.0
After participating in the program, school nurses should be able to
- Recognize the student safety concerns with reopening schools during a pandemic.
- Identify 3 solutions to student health and safety concerns with reopening schools during a pandemic
- Recognize the emotional responsibility school nurses feel in reopening schools during a pandemic
- List 2 strategies for self-care for school nurses working in schools during the pandemic.
The planners of this educational activity have no conflict of interest to declare. The speakers have no conflict of interest to declare unless otherwise indicated prior to their presentations.
Continuing Education Information:
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurse Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Provider Number 2019U003