Bereaved Students, Schools and Communities: Strategies & Solutions for a Post-COVID Epidemic of GriefOverview:
The documentary Beautiful Something Left Behind was not recorded. You can view it on Paramount Plus or Amazon Prime (if you don’t have these services, you can do a 7-day free trial as of June 7, 2021.)
Beautiful Something Left Behind: Cameras follow young children going through bereavement support at Good Grief, an organization based in Morristown, N.J., that provides ongoing support for kids mourning the loss of a loved one.
Cost: $ 59.00
Contact Hours 3.6
- Describe foundational concepts of death, loss and bereavement in the lives of children and families
- Describe how the pandemic has increased deaths and other losses in the lives of students, school staff, and communities
- Describe how students of color have been disproportionally affected by the pandemic by loss of life, supports and educational resources
- Identify manifestations of childhood grief
- Describe how students, bereaved by death and other losses, respond in social settings
- Identify how school staff can identify grief among students, school staff and communities
- Identify effective strategies to assist students who have experienced a death or another loss
- Describe how to develop partnerships with child bereavement centers, libraries and non-profits in communities to promote health and well-being in the face of loss
- Identify training and education programs to assist school staff and families
The planners of this educational activity have no conflict of interest to declare. The speakers have no conflict of interest to declare unless otherwise indicated prior to their presentations.
Continuing Education Information:
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurse Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Provider Number 2019U0003
Participants successfully completing this program will receive a statement of credit for contact hours. Statements of Credit may be printed on-line after successful completion of the learning assessment.