3 Pre Conference Choices Sunday August 11th 2:00-4:30 pm
Location: Cape Codder Resort Hyannis MA
Contact Hours: 2.25
Summer Academy Pre Conference Choices
Pre-Conference Sunday August 11, 2019
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Contact hours 2.25 Cost $49 pp per session
Cape Codder Resort 1225 Iyanough Rd., Hyannis
Epilepsy Foundation New England presents
Managing Students with Seizures
To enable the school nurse to more effectively manage seizures in students by:
Creating a safe and supportive school environment
Supporting positive treatment outcomes
Maximizing educational and developmental opportunities
1. Identify 2 of the most common seizure types in students with epilepsy, potential triggers, and risk factors for seizures and emergencies
2. Identify 3 ways in which treatment of epilepsy may affect a student’s health, safety, or learning
3. Apply 2 strategies to alleviate psychosocial challenges relating to epilepsy for students, parents and school personnel
4. List 3 first aid steps in helping a student during and after a seizure
5. Create a Seizure Action Plan for a student with epilepsy using safe practices for medication administration and delegation
Medicaid Expansion Billing Training: Where DO I Start?
1. Learn about Medicaid Expansion and the potential to bring additional revenue to your district for health services.
2. Learn about the documentation needed to maximize the potential revenue for health services for your district
Choice Three (PDP's are offered for this program)
Cultural Competency in Mental Health Disparities, & The Power of Language (RETELL)
Developing cultural competence around mental health, and having the appropriate skills to to respond to a diverse set of students is vital. Understand how to speak about mental illness with knowledge, sensitivity, and cultural competence.
Continuing Education Information:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity provides 2.25 contact hours.
MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Provider Number 2016U018Commercial Support Disclosure:
This program has not received commercial support.Conflict of Interest Information:
The planners of this educational activity have no conflict of interest to declare. The speakers have no conflict of interest to declare unless otherwise indicated prior to their presentations.