How do I Create an Account?
Answer : Hover over the RED LOGIN tab on the right in the black bar on the home page. Click New Account Setup.
Do you take Purchase Orders or checks?
Answer: NO, we do not take Purchase Orders (PO’s) or checks for individual participants. The only payment options are on-line with a credit card or electronic check. For groups of 3 or more, purchase orders may be acceptable: please contact NEUSHA administrative secretary, Lindsay Hawthorne at email@example.com, or 617 373 3466. The CashNet system is the secure payment system at Northeastern University.
How do I register online for a program?
Answer: After logging in, there is a list of choices for you. You will then pay on line via CashNet (a secure server) with either a credit card or an electronic check. A confirmation email that includes your receipt and registration information will be sent to the email address contained in your profile.
Where do I find the information for each program?
Answer: Always download the program information PDF. This includes date, time, location, cost, contact hours, speakers and learning objectives for each program.
How do I take an online program?
Answer: Create an account (or Log in if you already have an account). There is a list of choices for you. Click on “Available Programs” under Online Programs.
. Click the desired program and register for it. Click the Audio Visual presentation. When you complete the program, take the Post test and your certificate will be emailed to you and a copy will be saved in your Account History. Some of the audio-visual presentations do not play in Google Chrome. We are working on this issue, but if you receive an error message, try using Firefox or Internet Explorer. Call or email Lindsay Hawthorne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617 373 3466 with any problems.
How can a group complete an online program together for a PD day, and pay with a PO?
Contact Administrative Secretary Lindsay Hawthorne at email@example.com and let her know when you’re doing the programs, and who is doing which one. She can register everyone once they have an account on www.neusha.org. Lindsay will send you the NEU W9 and invoice for the check/PO. Then, the school can do a P.O. and send us a check.
**If you don’t need to pay by PO, everyone can register themselves at any time and then complete the program together or separately, and the school can reimburse them.
CLICK HERE For a step by step breakdown of the process for completing an online program with a group!
How much do the online programs cost?
Answer: Cost depends on length of program, usually $20 per program. (one contact hour).
How do I get my Certificate Contact Hours after attending a Day Conference?
Answer: To receive contact hours:
- Sign in day of conference.
- Participate in the entire program.
- Receive code for the face to face program from Directors for online evaluation at the completion of the program.
- Go to www.neusha.org, Log into your account, put the Program Code into the BOX, Complete the Evaluation and questions and click Submit. You will receive your Certificate via email immediately after your submission. You will always be able to go into to retrieve a Certificate for a previously completed program in your account history.
** YOU HAVE 2 Weeks to complete the online evaluation.
Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
What if I have to cancel a registration or change my registration to another date?
Answer: If you need to cancel your registration (and it is at least 5 business days before the program), please email Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund. The credit card you used to register will be refunded. If you need to switch a conference date, please email email@example.com and explain what program you need to change and what program you would like to attend.
There is a $15 cancellation/administrative fee for evening programs, $25 cancellation/administrative fee for a day program, $50 cancellation/administrative fee for a multi-day program.
What program do I need to take for the Orientation Program for DESE licensure in Massachusetts?
Answer: Offered by the educational vendor for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. The 3 part orientation program needed for DESE Licensure includes 1) Foundations of School Nursing Practice in Massachusetts, a 2-day program held 3 times each year. 2) Medication Administration and Delegation in MA Schools day program initially for licensure then once every 5 years. 3) Mandated Screening Training (603 CMR 7.00 Regulations for Educator Licensure and Preparation Program Approval: School Nurse (Levels: All) Initial License.
- Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in nursing.
- A minimum of two full years of employment as a Registered Nurse in a child health, community health, or other relevant clinical nursing setting.
- Completion of a 3 part orientation program based on the requirements for delivery of school health services as defined by the Department of Public Health.
- Passing score on the DESE Communication and Literacy Skills test.
Do the continuing education programs I take from Northeastern University School Health Academy count
towards my NBCSN recertification?
Answer:Yes, NBSCN lists the following approved organizations:
- Colleges and Universities accredited by state, regional and federal (as US Dept. of Education) accrediting boards
- Northeastern University School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
What is the conversion of CEU’s contact hours and PDP?
Answer: According to the Board of Registration in Nursing in MA 5.02 states: Continuing Education Requirement 15 hours of continuing education within the two years immediately preceding renewal of registration are required for licensure.5.04: Criteria for Qualification of Continuing Education Programs/Offerings.The following guidelines are to assist the licensed nurse to select an appropriate program/offering and the provider to plan and implement continuing education program/offerings. The overriding consideration in determining whether a specific program/offering qualifies as acceptable continuing education is that it be a planned program of learning which contributes directly to the professional competence of the licensed nurse.
Amount of Time:
- 50 consecutive clock minutes is equivalent to one contact hour.
- One continuing education unit (C.E.U.) equals ten contact hours.
- One semester hour equals 15 contact hours.
- Two clinical hours (100 minutes) is the equivalent of one contact hour.
How do I get a receipt for my registration and payment?
Answer: When you register, you receive an immediate email confirmation back. That is your receipt. Your transaction with CashNet is secure so we don’t have access to the original receipt. You can also log into your account and click on Print a Receipt for a program.
What if I need accommodations for a conference?
Answer: Please contact Lindsay Hawthorne at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 373 3466 at least three (3) weeks before the event.